Workplace English Training Course
We deliver workplace English training courses both on-site and virtually to manufacturing and production facilities, warehouse environments, residential management companies for apartment complexes, hotels and other similar type businesses in the hospitality industry, farms, maintenance and repair facilities, and fabrication work
Who is workplace english for?
- Manufacturing and production facilities of all kinds be it for heavy equipment for the oil and gas industry, furniture, trailers, etc.
- Warehouse facilities
- Industrial farms
- Apartment complexes who have maintenance technicians and other support staff needing language support to better serve tenants
- Hospitality Industry (hotels who have staff needing language support to better serve customers and patrons)
- Any workplace environment where there is a population of blue collar, vocational, or manual labor workers who do not speak English natively and are deficient in their ability to communicate in English effectively.
Where we deliver workplace English courses
We deliver workplace English training in many places across the U.S. Some of the places we have delivered in-person on-site workplace English courses include Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Oregon, New Jersey, Washington state and even a remote site in Arkansas to name a few. When appropriate, we also offer these vocational English classes virtually through platforms such as Zoom, Google Hangout and Microsoft Teams.
Benefits of a workplace English course
These are a few of the highlighted benefits of utilizing our specialized workplace English training program:
Increased Safety of Workers
- With improved ability to independently interpret written safety protocols and changing operating procedures come improved safety and a reduction of safety incidents.
- Improved communication ability in English means more effective interpretation of production related directives from supervisors (bypassing the need for the “bilingual co-worker” attempting to translate for his fellow co-workers) as well as the ability for workers to ask for clarity when something is confusing or quickly report issues that might interrupt production.
Creating Opportunities for Promotion to Leadership Roles
- Many times, there are incredibly knowledgeable and valuable employees who would normally be targeted for leadership roles but due to their deficiencies with communicating effectively in English, they are unable to be considered. As they develop and evolve their English communication skills through our on-site workplace ESL program, their improved abilities to communicate in English both verbally and in writing will open previously closed doors to promotion into leadership roles thus enhancing their value to the client.
Why Choose Us
10 Years of Specialized Experience
- We’ve been designing and running our proprietary specialized workplace ESL programs for over ten years now and we’ve worked with businesses of all sizes ranging from small family run production facilities all the way up to large Fortune 500 manufacturing facilities. We have hard won knowledge about how to work with these special types of ESL learners in a vocational setting.
Exceptional Teaching Professionals
- Our core informing belief at Premiere Language is that great teachers create great learning experiences. We have learned from experience that in addition to the need to work with exceptionally skilled ESL teachers, a vocational ESL program requires an ESL teacher that possesses unique qualities that best support the creation of an effective learning environment for vocational ESL students. These are the specific types of teachers that we assign to our blue collar ESL programs and are huge reason why they have been so successful. We don’t compromise on this standard of excellence.
Client Specific Approach
- Although there are many overlapping similarities between the client sites our Vocational ESL programs operate on, we also know from experience that each client can have unique concerns that a “one-size-fits-all” approach can’t address. Every client site has a different operating environment with different jargon and communication needs so we work to incorporate those concerns into the shaping of our approach for each client site we work on.
Continually Evolving Approach
- Although our workplace ESL program is now well established and mature, it is not static. It has been in a constant state of evolution over the last ten years as we continually appraise what works and doesn’t work effectively with each program that we’ve run. With each iteration at a new client site, we seek to make refinements as our understanding of how these unique types of vocational ESL learners acquire language skills.
- Whether or not you have 10 or 400 participants, we can scale our program to accommodate any population size.
Some of our higher profile national and multinational clients we have been delivering on-site language programs to: